02 April 2012

75' Moulton (M 578)

As some of you know I think Dave Moulton in one of the finest frame builders in our time.  One great thing is he still living and riding.  I have managed to locate and purchase on of his oldest frames.  Serial # M 578.  David started building frames under his own name in 1975.  That makes this frame number 78 of that year.  I have collected a number frames and I think this is one of the best.  

I can't wait to build this up and see how she rides.  The Maiden voyage should be very interesting.



4 comments:

  1. Stretch out the build as looong as possible. Then enjoy the ride!!! I'm happy for you. Karma and all, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack,
    I really think you leave the paint as is. Although it is very rough, it is the original paint done by me, and as it is a very early frame there will be few like it with original paint making it somewhat rare.
    Dave Moulton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Jack, listen to the creator, he still has some degree of ownership.

      Delete